Today I wanted to think of a person that maybe more obscure but just as influential in my life. This summer I was very inspired by a lot of people. However, out of all the spiritual mentors I encountered, Sister Amy Reading sticks out the most in my mind. This lady was a Session Director for the last EFY session in South Jordan. I remember her because she taught how to have a passion for the scriptures. I loved the scriptures before, but she showed me all the "brown sugar" just waiting to be tasted. She helped me realize that all a lesson needs is some meat from the scriptures, and the rest of it will fall into place. I loved how she found the scriptures funny and that she knew exactly what our kids needed to hear. I made it a goal at that session to try and gain that passion for myself. It is still coming along, but I do find passages in the scriptures funny and very applicable everyone.
Feel Passionate About the Scriptures!!
This talk by Elder Nelson is fantastic!
http://lds.org/general-conference/2000/10/living-by-scriptural-guidance?lang=eng&query=Scripture+study
Feel Passionate About the Scriptures!!
This talk by Elder Nelson is fantastic!
http://lds.org/general-conference/2000/10/living-by-scriptural-guidance?lang=eng&query=Scripture+study
Thanks Sister Reading!
| I Stole This From Her Profile Hopefully That's Not Illegal.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment